- This event has passed.
Chicago Foodways: Saigon to Stockholm Food Tour
August 12, 2017 @ 11:30 am - 3:00 pm
This 1.25 mile walking tour takes you out of the downtown caverns and into Argyle and Andersonville, two vibrant, authentic neighborhoods. Learn the ethnic history and colorful stories of the neighborhoods as we walk the sidewalks, talk about the architecture, and most importantly, TASTE THE FOOD!
We make these stops on our 3.5 hour tour:
· The Mom & Pop restaurant lauded by Chicago foodies as the best Vietnamese food outside of Vietnam
· Chicago’s first and favorite banh mi shop
· A forgotten film studio that gave rise to Hollywood’s biggest stars
· A Middle Eastern spice tasting with oven fresh pita
· A cute and cozy Swedish diner
· Prohibition-era bar serving Swedish glögg
· A community-centered non-profit serving America’s best pie
Chicago Foodways is an Andersonville based business and has recently been awarded TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence.
Reservations are required to participate and can be made here. Use discount code MAGNUS for $5 off the tour price.