The Swedish American Museum is hosting a virtual fundraising run.
You have a little over a month to run, walk or stroll your chosen distance.
We encourage you to challenge yourself as well as setting goals together with family and friends to see how far you can get.
Your registration includes a t-shirt, Dala horse ornament and emails with healthy tips and encouragement throughout the month of the race.
Three participants will be picked at random to win a prize.
The race is $40 per person and $25 for children 10 and under with an adult registration.
All proceeds go to support the Swedish American Museum.
This is what you do:
- Register and encourage your friends and family to register
- Friday, Sept. 25, 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Pick up your race packet and mileage chart
- Print your race bib
- Run or walk anytime between Sept. 25 and Halloween
- Post a picture in your t-shirt or favorite Swedish inspired attire and post it on social media with #DalaDash #SwedishAmericanMuseum
- On Saturday, Oct. 31 head over to the Museum for a picture with the Dala horse to celebrate your finish and stop in at the Museum for a healthy treat
- Print your certificate for bragging rights
Get together with family and friends and see how far you can get together! Here are some distances you can aim for:
Distances connected to Dalarna in Sweden
Mora to Nusnäs (11K)
Mora to Orsa (16K)
Falun to Borlänge (21K)
Stockholm to Mora (300K)
Distances in the Midwest
Swedish American Museum to North Park University (2 miles)
Swedish American Museum to Swedish Consulate (7 miles)
Chicago to Rockford (86 miles)
Chicago to Bishop Hill (168 miles)
Swedish American Museum to American Swedish Institute (400 miles)
Don’t want to run?
No problem! You can still sign up and support the Museum from the comfort of your home.
Don’t live in Chicago?
No problem, you can pay an extra $10 to have the packet mailed to you within the US. It will be mailed to you after Sept. 25. Want it shipped overseas please contact the Museum by emailing email@example.com.
I missed the packet pickup, can I still get my t-shirt?
Of course, if you are in Chicago you can call or email the Museum to set up a pickup time. If you are getting it shipped we will send it to you shortly after you register.