Tomten’s Workshop Day Camp
December 23 @ 9:00 am
Kick off holiday break with a fun one-day camp! Children will learn all about Swedish holiday traditions through crafts, stories, games, music and other activities. Tomten’s Workshop is a drop off program and will run from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. with available extended care until 4 p.m. This program is appropriate for children in kindergarten through fifth grade.
The Museum will contact you about payment once we have reached the minimum of 5 participants.
9 a.m. – 2 p.m. is $50 and an additional $15 to extend until 4 p.m.
What ages is camp recommended for?
Camp is best for children in kindergarten through fifth grade. Exceptions can be made for children older than fifth grade. Unfortunately, at this time, we cannot accommodate children in Pre-K.
Is advanced registration required?
Yes, all campers need to be registered prior to the start of camp. If you would like to register after that time, please call the Museum at 773-728-8111 and ask for the Education Manager to see if there is still availability.
Should my child bring anything with them?
- Water bottle
- Sweatshirt/jacket for indoor use
- Snack if staying for extended care
- Optional: Items to be used during free time (books, art supplies, games, small toys, etc.). The Museum is not responsible for these items. We would appreciate if you talk with your child about keeping items away during instructional time and sharing with others as appropriate.
Is there anything not allowed?
We ask that no electronic devices be brought to camp. If a phone or other item is needed for emergency use, we ask that the device is given to a staff member to be held until pick up. If you question whether an item is appropriate to bring to camp, it is appreciated that you ask ahead of time.
What will campers be doing during camp?
Camp is a day full of fun and activities (and they might just learn something!). Activities may include cooking projects, art projects, games, stories, Children’s Museum free play, science projects, and more! Due to the possibility of using paint, we recommend that they wear clothing that you do not mind getting messy.
Will you be indoors and outdoors during the day?
We will primarily be indoors. There may be times when we go outdoors for brief periods of time.
Is there before or after care available?
There is no before care available. After care is available from 2 p.m.-4 p.m. After care must be booked and arranged in advance in order to ensure there is adequate staffing available.
What are drop off/pick up policies?
An adult must sign each child in and out. Only people on the authorized pick up list may sign a child out of camp. Only a parent or guardian may add individuals to the authorized pick up list
What do I do if I am late picking up my child?
If you are going to be more than 5 minutes late, please call the Museum at 773-728-8111 to alert the Education Manager of your estimated arrival time. This will ease a child’s concern and allow us to plan for appropriate staffing.
Do you offer scholarships?
Yes, we are pleased to offer scholarships to camp. Scholarships are based on financial need. Please contact the Education Manager for a scholarship application.
What is the refund/cancellation policy?
- Up to 3 weeks prior to the first day of camp: Refund will be provided minus a 5% cancellation fee.
- From 1-3 weeks prior to the first day of camp: Refund will be provided minus a 50% cancellation fee.
- Within 1 week of the first day of camp: No refunds will be provided, except with written physician verification.
- Refunds will not be given for dismissal due to behavioral or emotional situations occurring at camp.
- Programs cancelled by the Swedish American Museum due to low enrollment or any other reason will be fully refunded. Please allow up to 10 business days.